Monday, May 8, 2017

Feeling Sad about Syria Today

I know that Christianity today has many ecumenical problems; however, when I look at Islam, I gather that the ecumenical problems are far worse. Sure, I understand the political and theological differences between Sunnis and Shiites, but this seems to go beyond denominational disagreement, just observe what has happened in Syria these past few years...beyond sad. This needs to be resolved. The following are basically verses from the Qur'an on the Golden Rule.

“Serve God, and join not any partners with Him; and do good- to parents, kinsfolk, orphans, those in need, neighbors who are near, neighbors who are strangers, the companion by your side, the wayfarer (ye meet), and what your right hands possess [the slave]: For God loveth not the arrogant, the vainglorious” (Q:4:36)"

My conclusions are that I have heard some say things such as why is it that if Islam is so great that Muslims always seem to want to migrate to countries that are mostly Christian or have a Christian history? I don't have an answer to the question, but I do know that we all have to start loving each other instead of killing each other if we really want a better future. Blessings! As-salamu alaykum to all!

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking about saying something with relevance to the Ibadi denomination, but I will just leave it as is. Blessings to all!

    ReplyDelete